Saturday, December 8, 2007

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

The beauty/curse of the Internet: All your sins come back to haunt you.
The latest edition of the CMAJ contains the annual Holiday Review, a collection of medical spoofs. This reminded me that I made a contribution about 10 years ago. I see it's available online, so I might as well come clean about it.

I got into a little trouble over it. People have different senses of humor and medical care is a tricky thing to joke about.

By the way, after this "article" was published, I received reprint requests from several physicians in Europe and Asia. (This was before on-line journals. Yes, I am that old.) The article was listed in the journal index under "Incontinence" without any indication that it was tongue-in-cheek.

No comments: